Monday, September 24, 2012

Xion Milwaukee vs. Greenbay Packers


So we had our second Xion Milwaukee meeting and we were outdone by a special Thursday night Packers Game.

Although the turnout was small, the artist came ready and willing to participate in discussion and a rather amusing arts challenge.

I placed four different challenges into a cup and artist Jason Lewis drew out what I thought was one of the easiest of challenges: The artist had to draw an organ and writers create puns about the organ.  Well needless to say the artist hemmed and hawed but came up with some interesting concepts.

The writers myself included had an awesome time trying to find the words to match some awesome creations. Writer/Performance Poet Dasha Kelly stopped by and gave a whole new meaning to the “Middle Passage”

Although no one was excited about their results, I think everyone appreciated the opportunity to create on the fly and have others respond in a fun and supportive way. I suggested that they take their organ drawings and turn them into super heroes. I hope they bring them to our next meeting.

Join me in Chicago as I return the favor to fellow Xion Manager Joe Currie and support his launch.The Xion Chicago launch takes place this coming Saturday, September 29 from 6:00-9:00 PM at Third Coast Comics 6234 N. Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60660. If you are interested in expanding your network to include other cities, Xion Chicago is a great place to start. Just don’t mention the spanking they got from the Pack when you get there.

Xion Milwaukee will host its next meeting on Thursday, October 18 at 6:30 in the Open MiKE Space in the Grand Avenue Mall. Remember Street Parking is free after 6:00 PM.
I hope to see you there

Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment