Friday, October 19, 2012

Xion Milwaukee Finding its Way


What’s up Xion Milwaukee

We had another session last night and it was an eye opener for me.  I won't offer any excuses, I wasn't on my game last night and the meeting got away from me. To those who attended my apologies if the mood got too heavy for you. I can assure you it won't happen again.

An artist that I admire greatly came to the meeting last night for the first time and it was his words that got me back on track.

Let me remind everyone who attends the meeting that this is an opportunity to share and discuss the one thing I am sure we all have in common and that is the love of great art and storytelling. I do not want to veer off into a path that takes away the joy of those two things.

There were some great suggestions brought up and I intend to implement a few of those immediately.
  •   If we are to continue to grow we must step up our efforts to promote the community, it was suggested that for the next meeting each person bring at least one new person to the meeting.
  • Bring your favorite book or artwork by your favorite artist that you would like to discuss.
  • There will be an art challenge this next meeting for those who would like to participate.

I hope to see you all next month; the next meeting will be Thursday, November 15 at 6:30.

In the meantime please support our Xion Members who have events going on or participating in an art event. I have listed them below.

LaSonia Ragsdale will be exhibiting at Beyond the Canvas beginning October 19, 2012 through October 26, 2012. Come show your support for LaSonia.  Beyond the Canvas will be held at the Pedal Milwaukee Building located at 3618 W. Pierce Street.  NOTE: This event is FREE.

Matt Chic will be hosting a booth at Milwaukee Zine Fest on Saturday, November 3. Matt just completed his graphic novel so stop by Zine Fest congratulate him on his project and support the Zine Fest. The event takes place at Polish Falcon from 11:00- 5:00 pm. Polish Falcon is located at 801 E. Clarke Street. NOTE: This event is FREE.


No comments:

Post a Comment