Thursday, August 9, 2012

THE XION NETWORK LAUNCHES IN MILWAUKEE


Hello Xion Milwaukee its me Dee, checking in!

I am still riding high from our Milwaukee launch! What a wonderful time with Shawn Alleyne and Joe Currie here to lend support and help create community.

I was more than a little anxious about taking on such a lofty venture but that feeling quickly dissipated as people began to show up and those who weren't aware of the event stayed or more amazing left to get their artwork and came back!!!

 My friend and sister Ms. Kizzy Hampton a total bean counter was there to support in a major way. By the end of the evening I thought I saw her trying to scratch out Superwoman on a napkin. Shouts out to Supa K!!

You guys probably wouldn't believe this but I am socially awkward, yet on this evening I felt at home in a very public setting. Everyone felt welcomed and open to sharing their art and stories although I'm not so sure about sharing their chicken wings. Shouts out to Stone Fly Brewery here in Milwaukee. The food and service was most excellent.

Oh yeah let me not forget the other man of the hour DAUDI Mr. Secret Service set it out with crazy music, man! Yeah I had to bust a move or two. And no that is not on video.

It has been a few weeks since the launch but I am very happy to hear artist friends call or text and say they were inspired to once again create a new piece. How cool is that?

Although the launch was very important and Shawn and Joe did an impressive job of sharing the mission of the XION NETWORK; it was the time I was able to spend with the two of them and share personal stories, some of which we video taped.

It was reaffirmation of what I felt in Chicago at C2E2, we are family. The love and support they gave to me was and is immeasurable and I am grateful for that most of all.

For those of you who are in the Milwaukee area and want to be apart of an artistic venture bigger then yourself come join me:

Wednesday, August 16 at 6:00 PM we will be meeting at the Open MiKE Space at the Grand Avenue Mall on the 2nd Floor on the Plankinton side of the mall. Street Parking is free after 6:00 PM.

High school students are welcomed and encouraged!!!

For more information contact me DEE via the email XIONMILWAUKEE@GMAIL.COM   or join the blog so we can stay in touch. I will be happy to share more information with you.

Now about those videos…...




No comments:

Post a Comment